Welcome to my blog

I have recently undertaken an MA in screenwriting at Bournemouth University. This is the first blog I've ever created! This blog is meant to represent my observational research for unit 1. I have chosen to look at the Southbank, in London where the graffiti and skate park are positioned under the National Theatre. I hope you enjoy reading my comments.
Jo

Monday 29 November 2010

graffiti artists

Just had an excellent conversation with a man who runs projects for the Southbank centre and it appears that the graffiti artists collaborate every year with the Hayward gallery and exhibit their art.
They also have a number system so all artists get a turn at the large areas where skate park is.  This all seems really positive and this man seems genuinely on the side of these young people.
He also told me that in 2020 the park might be moved but MOVED not got rid of and that the young people will have lots of meetings with the Southbank centre to decide on the best place for it to go.  They want a full weather canopy so skating can happen on rainy days and this is something that may get the go ahead.
In his words 'the skate park has been here for 30 years, it is embedded in the culture of the Southbank and it will always stay.'
Excellent! Fabulous! Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment